The National Park Service is offering a handful of fee-free days in 2015, the first of which is happening on Martin Luther King Jr. Day. Take advantage of this unique opportunity to visit and support your favorite or local national park. Take a hike, snap some photos, participate in a Junior Ranger Program, or stay late and attend an evening ranger program to learn more about the park you’re visiting.
And don’t forget to thank your rangers!
List of National Park Service (NPS) fee free days for 2015:
- January 19 – Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- February 14-16 – Presidents Day weekend
- April 18-19 – opening weekend of National Park Week
- August 25 – National Park Service Birthday
- September 26 – National Public Lands Day
- November 11 – Veterans Day